That time of the year has arrived when many small businesses have submitted their VAT return and are now making VAT payment to the FTA.
Below are the options on how to make payment to the FTA (caution each one has a cost associated and you should check all options to find out which is the cheapest – we suggest the exchanges):
- Paying via e-Dirham or credit card through the FTA Portal.
Yes the most obvious is to log in and pay via e-dhirham or VISA and Mastercard. This option is simple, quick and for those last minute payments probably the best option. Although we have not tested the e-dhirham option the VISA and Mastercard do seem to be very expensive option.
- e-Debit payment option allows the Taxable Person to directly debit the amount to FTA’s bank account when making any due payments.
You can make a payment through e-debit and the fee for using eDebit is AED 10 which will be charged by e-Dirham. This option only works if you have a bank account with any of the following banks:
- Citibank (Retail)
- Commercial Bank of Dubai (Corporate and Retail)
- Dubai Islamic Bank (Retail)
- Emirates NBD (Corporate and Retail)
- First Abu Dhabi Bank (Corporate and Retail)
- Noor Bank (Retail)
- Standard Chartered (Corporate and Retail)
Please note that this is an initial list of banks and the list may have changed and its ideal to check with your bank.
e-debit payment is made through the FTA portal by clicking ’Pay via Bank’.
- Paying via bank transfer (GIBAN). A GIBAN is a unique IBAN number that is given to every taxable person and should be displayed on your FTA Portal.
Once you get your GIBAN you can then proceed to make a normal local bank transfer via your bank and add the FTA as a beneficiary using the GIBAN number and FTA Details.
Please note this option can take up to 24hrs to appear in your account.
- Exchanges (UAE Exchange or Al-Ansari Exchange)
It is now possible to make a payment to the FTA through a number of the exchanges in Dubai. You will require the following information:
- TRN No
- GIBAN Number
- Amount Payable
- And take some ID (always handy)
REMEMBER: In case a payment is not received on time, a penalty of late payment will apply. In order for the payment to be credited to your account by the 28th you should make the payment before by the 25th of the month (at the latest).
For help on submitting your VAT Return, Profits Tax Consultants offer a vat submission only package for AED 2000 per quarter. Visit our website on www.dubaitaxexperts.com
This article was written by Ali Afzal, a tax consultant in Dubai and the Managing Director of Profits Tax Consultants.
It is possible that this information is out-of-date and you should confirm the facts by visiting the FTA Payment User Guide by clicking here.